Search This Blog

Thursday 12 March 2015

From Norway with love (and a lot of patience)

 

I've finished my Marius jumper! As mentioned in previous posts, this project took a huge amount of patience (and this is exactly what I'm usually lacking) so I suppose one could say it was an opportunity to develop. But I'm very happy with the result, maybe especially because I cursed it so many times, chucked it into the corner and ignored it for the next week or so but picked it up again eventually. 

The construction was actually very simple and I like the drop-shoulder sleeves. They're steeked but not as in a fair-isle jumper but basically I just cut opten the "tube" of the bodice from the top and insterted the sleeves, then joined up the shoulder seams. Since the pattern doesn't have to match up this is a very quick method and the finishing didn't take as long as expected. It was also fun to knit the pattern, much better than boring stocking stitch in-the-round because you can see how much you progress. More technical details on ravelry for those who are interested.

And as usual, now that I'm done with my winter project the sun is coming out again. I'f I'm lucky I'll be able to wear it for a few more weeks but Spring is definitely coming fast so I will probably wear it all the time, every day.


 Pattern: A combintation of the classic "Marius" jumper and the Arne and Carlos "Hearts Sweater"
Yarn: Rowan pure wool worsted

No comments:

Post a Comment