Search This Blog

Sunday 3 May 2015

"Birch" and Serres Royales

After many travelling hours on my trip to Peru I managed to finish the second version of my "Birch" shawl pretty quickly. I had already knitted one a long time ago but the yarn was a kind of fluffy mohair that keeps on losing more fluff so I wanted a plain everyday version. It was a good travelling project because it was very compact and once I worked out the lace pattern I could do it easily on the plane while watching films.

I finished just in time to wear it for the first time on our day out to visit the Serres Royales in Laeken and it was a perfect fit! Looking at the pictures I'm very happy, even though the shawl is a little bit on the small side. I might add a lace border later if I can get hold of an additional ball of that yarn. But for the time being I like it the way it is. 

The Serres were beautiful, actually much nicer than expected. I can't believe it has taken me over four years in Brussels to finally see them! On the downside I'm now more annoyed than ever that the King gets this amazing park all to himself most of the year. High time for a change, I would say.


 
 

Pattern: Birch by Sharon Miller
Yarn: Wollgarnspinnerei Ferner, La Doro 2-ply lace yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment