Search This Blog

Sunday 31 May 2015

Dress No. 3

The weddings continue and so does my sewing challenge! There haven't been many updates recently but last weekend I was invited to another friends' wedding which, of course, also merited a new dress. Actually it was a good excuse to put my knitting down for a while and get sewing again, my frist project for 2015.

The result is this simple, 1960s-style dress in my favourite Marimekko fabric that I had been saving since 2012 when I last went to Finland (crikey, that long ago already!!) and paid a visit to the amazing Marimekko factory outlet in Herttonniemi which still haunts me in my dreams. It took me a looong time to decide what to make from this fabric but in the end I settled for a simple pattern that I had already used before. I wanted to be on the safe side before butchering this lovely fabric. 

So, nothing special about this pattern, I just added a lining which was a bit scary - the first time I do this for a dress. It worked out quite well although I had to do some reshaping because the lining ended up being too bulky. But nothing some last-minute cutting with a big pair of scissors couldn't solve.

Et voilà, here is my third "wedding" dress, slightly creased from the car trip - and I have to mention that I DID actually change my shoes later. 


 

 Pattern: Tunic from the Marimekko "Surrur"book
Fabric:Marimekko


No comments:

Post a Comment