Search This Blog

Monday 28 September 2015

Tailwind

My holiday knitting project this year was simple but beautiful (and also useful with the colder season approaching): Clara Falk's "Tailwind" was the perfect scarf to start using my stash of alpaca yarn that I brought back from Peru earlier this year.

I didn't like particularly like knitting the entire thing in garter stitch but now looking at the finished product - and feeling it - makes it worthwhile. I know that the original pattern is mainly about the colour play and I love that, too, but I figured I'd use it much more if I just made a simple white one.

The i-cord bind off was a really cool idea and looks very neat. I tried it for the first time but might use it more often especially for sleeves or neck finishings.

And to round things off in style we had a lovely photo session in a nice, warm autumn sunshine - the cat enjoyed it, too, as you can see!



Pattern: Clara Falk's "Tailwind" ("Medvind")

No comments:

Post a Comment