Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Praline


I'm not always so excited about a knitting pattern but the "Praline" shrug immediately caught my eye when I saw it on Instagram. I was even more excited to hear that Dani, the designer, was looking for test knitters! Even though I was a bit late to register was super happy to get the pattern just in time for the holidays so I had a nice project to follow me to Estonia and Finland.

The pattern was really well written and actually the best case scenario for a test knit: there were hardly any mistakes so my job was very easy. Maybe I'm too used to badly written patterns from Ravelry but this was a nice change. There was actually not much "thinking" to do because every step was described in a lot of detail so it's less likey to make a mistake. 

I recycled the yarn from my frogged "Louise" cardigan which I didn't wear anymore and the turquoise yarn was just about enough for the shrug. I actually wanted full-length sleeves but I could just make the 3/4 sleeves with the yarn I had left over. I have to say I'm not too thrilled about the texture and you can clearly see the difference between the recycled yarn I used mainly on the bodice and sleeves and the "fresh" yarn that I had leftover and I used for the cuffs and the button band section.

All in all I really love the pattern and the result - maybe I should spend some more money on buying decent patterns in the future.

----------------

Pattern: "Praline" shrug by Dani Sunshine (@lionessarts on instagram)
Yarn: Recycled Schachenmeyer Merino Extrafine 120, Colour 176, Dyelot 4588








































No comments:

Post a Comment